Lou Reed - Loew's Theater, Syracuse 7May1975 Re-work

Post by schnittstelle » 25 Oct 2011 07:53

Lou Reed - Loew's Theater, Syracuse 7 May 1975. Uncirculated? Re-work

Lou Reed
Loew's Theater, Syracuse
7 May 1975

CD-R > Audacity > CD Wave> TLH > FLAC

CONTRAST CLAUSE :

this is a processed version of the concert I have seeded as a raw transfer here -

Torrent #378977 Lou Reed - Loew's Theater, Syracuse 7 May 1975. Uncirculated? Raw transfer
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=378977

Minor hiss and bass reduction was carried out, and the sound was widened - the sample of Coney Island Baby shows this best. The Rock and Roll sample was more condensed as I felt I needed the length of that sample to show the standard of performance of the song, while keeping to size limits for samples.

Good quality

Taped by ODoc55 - from balcony, a Panasonic recorder onto cheap Scotch tape

01 Sweet Jane
02 I Wanna Be Black
03 Coney Island Baby
04 I'm Waiting For My Man
05 You Can Dance
06 How Do You Think It Feels
07 Dirt
08 Walk on the Wild Side
09 Kicks
10 Complete The Story Now
11 White Light-White Heat
12 Rock and Roll

Uncirculated show - this is a widened version of this concert - minor hiss and bass reduction was carried out too.

Whichever version you go for - enjoy!

When I carry out processing in Audacity to widen the sound, this usually consists of the following -

-9db decrease (as the mixing and combining needs space)
double up the tracks, add .01 sec delay to one of the channels, split channels and mix either side (balance achieved through trial and error)
Combine above doubled up track with untouched track with the latter at a higher level. The above mixing while giving a nice widening effect I am more than aware can sometimes sound artificial to some, and I have found combining it with the untouched file means a balance is achieved between the raw sound of the original and the mixed version. Studios used - and I'm sure still do - used to resort to all sorts of double tracking and compression effects and the bottom line is this method I found by trial and error sounds good to me and others. Those who do not approve or find it does not sound good to them - no-one is forcing you to download this.
Voila...I listen to live recordings in headphones for the most part, and many people listen in headphones / earphones these days.
This may sound better to many like that, and I am aware that through conventional speakers this sort of mix / re-work may or may not sound as good as an untouched version. It's very subjective, and very much down to individual preference.

at DaD