04. Coney Island Baby
05. Berlin *
06. Applause/Tuning
07. Banging On My Drum
08. Applause
09. Kicks **
10. Leave Me Alone ***

Total: 85:54 min

* Dropout at the beginning between applause and beginning of song - no music missing
** Tapeflip at the applause at the end of the Song. no Music missing.
*** it seems, that the taper changed his recording place. It's a little bit of distance.

This is the first time Lou played the Bottom Line in New York City and it's my absolute favorite performance of Lou. This is the sound Lou becomes a legend. His playing and his voice is so out of touch with the real world, that if you hear it for the first time, and you're on the vibe with me, you want to hear it again and again and again.
For me Lou playes his best version of 'Satellite Of Love'.....listen to his voice! And the audience is so frenetic that you can feel the atmosphere in this small club. They want to induce Lou from the beginning of the concert to play their requests. Lou is absolut stoic and doesn't repeat one word till he comes to 'Banging On My Drum' and than he says in a very calm and dry fashion: " You know I don't do requests" ....... but the audience can't stop......I wish I were there. The whole performance is so powerful, so tight.
If there will ever be an official release of this concert, the title of the release should be called "Lou Reed - Little Queenie". You will know what I mean, when you hear the show.

All Pictures of the cover-art and booklet were taken from lurid. Thank you man!

Lineage:
Note: The original tape is more than 30 years old when it was used for recording the show. When you listen to the sample of my tape I got in a trade, you will see the condition the recording is/was. YES in this case I did a comlete restore.
1. I transfered the tape via Pioneer CT-W420R taperecorder to the harddisk. Used program: MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio 16
2. transfered in WAV to CDR
3. transfered the CDR to Fostex Digital Multitracker VF-16 - standalone - to do some preselections (not connected with the computer)
4. transfered to CDR again
5. transfered CDR to harddisk again
Following programs were used: Steinberg Clean +4 / Magix Samplitude Music Studio 16 / TLH as a contol program
6. stereo > Mono > Unreal Stereo
7. Noise reduction level 11 of 100
8. To reduce the buzz I used a High Pass Filter (6dB and cutoff frequenzy 1000 Hz)
9. Boost the bass up to a level of 12-15 dB
10. Amplify the volume between 7 to 12 dB, but always minus 2dB to the Limit
11. Metanormalizing all tracks
12. used one predefined Equalizer
13. Equalizer BL5977 - self created Equalizer

Sorry I can't explain better, cause some processes I had to do twice.

An old and muffled recording covers a lot, and a primal restoring brings out the distortions below the surface. The whole problem with this tape were the clipping aeras. I tried to do my best to eliminate them. Please listen to the samples to make your own meanings. Many thanks to Procella for his suggestions.
The idea to restore this tape, comes from lurid. In a torrent of him there was an article of this concert: Melody Maker, May 28, 1977. Since I read the critics, this was the point for me to work with this tape.
I think some traders in the past (I mean the time around the 1980s) followed their own codex: Don't ever give the same good quality to an other trader, first change the quality to low; than do the trade. Nowadays we have the technic and the equipment to reveal such modifications. To do a perfect restore or remaster I have to know how and with what the other trader changed the soundquality. Otherwise I have to try and to try to get a result I can live with.

And now a point for all technic-freaks:
Please don't forget, that all I've done is only a hobby for me. I'm not a professional and I don't have the time to do thousand of analyses. That's not my point. I want to listen to my favourite music as best I can do and I want to have fun when I work with some performaces. And if I have the luck to advance a recording....what do I want more? YES! I enjoy it :-)
I hope you will too.

Disctribute widely but DO NOT SELL!!!

A WARNING to V V M O Mail-Order-Service. DO NOT SELL ANY CONCERTS OF REED & VU
LISTED HERE ON DIME.
Hey fans, DO NOT BUY THROUGH V V M O!!!

If you see this recording anywhere for money.........DON'T BUY

at DaD