Velvet Underground Scrapbook

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
Sheila Klein
Head held high

Velvet Underground Scrapbook

Post by Sheila Klein » 24 Aug 2023 23:16

I recently came across a copy of this among my stuff:

https://tinyurl.com/5n83baue

I don't see any hints in there of who put the thing together -- do any of you know?

Also, it's branded as "volume 1" -- was there ever a volume 2?

threechordwonder
Head held high

Re: Velvet Underground Scrapbook

Post by threechordwonder » 28 Aug 2023 17:10

I also have a copy of the Scrapbook so at least one copy crossed the ocean but which way it travelled isn't known and sadly I don't know who compiled it. I also have a copy of the Souvenir of Discography compilation but never saw a Scrapbook Volume 2 in any of the London markets or record stores or independent bookshops, so I guess it never materialised.

simonm
Head held high

Post by simonm » 28 Aug 2023 22:16

I was going to say it was the Aes-Nihil guy, he did the Velvet Underground File, which is a similar kind of clippings compendium thing...

lurid
Head held high

Post by lurid » 08 Sep 2023 16:42

sorry about the delay. I also have this and I'm pretty sure it dates from the mid-1990s. I never heard of or saw a "Volume 2". For some reason I always assumed that it was a UK-produced item, but not sure why. I'm 100% sure I got it via an ad in a UK publication though.
Sheila Klein wrote:
24 Aug 2023 23:16
I recently came across a copy of this among my stuff:

https://tinyurl.com/5n83baue

I don't see any hints in there of who put the thing together -- do any of you know?

Also, it's branded as "volume 1" -- was there ever a volume 2?

velvetfan
Head held high

Post by velvetfan » 26 Oct 2023 05:01

I got mine on eBay but I got a second copy from a record store in New Orleans Leisure landing. It was a great early 80’s record store with lots of Jem and other imports and lots of fanzines and UK magazines etc. I lost my original and replaced it with the one I got locally. Never did see a Scrapbook vol 2. Any I looked far and wide for it. Never