Huge VU collection coming up for sale

For discussion of all aspects of the New York legends.
velvetfan
Head held high

Huge VU collection coming up for sale

Post by velvetfan » 02 Sep 2012 23:30

Guys, it's time. I was just flooded out by Hurricane Isaac. My 30 year Lou and VU collection was raised above water and my buddy Mike Kostek is on his way to rescue my collection and every piece will be available in his eBay store soon. Anyone who knows me knows that this is one primo collection with items seldom seen anymore. I am sad but at least it isn't underwater it's time to share these with other VU fans. Don't have Internet all the time but updates will be posted. Everybody here needs to give a shout to my Velvets hero M C Kostek sad day for me. Good day for Velvets collectors. Linger on

bleach
Head held high

Re: Huge VU collection coming up for sale

Post by bleach » 03 Sep 2012 02:08

Sorry velvetfan to hear of your problems, good that you are safe - our thoughts go out to you. I hope you can rebuild ? family, health & home are of course the most important things in life..We all wish you the best, stay safe & good luck.

Supafly
Hangin' 'round

Post by Supafly » 03 Sep 2012 03:01

I am sorry to hear this as well. Your area can not catch a brake. Good luck with everything!

nkdlunch
On the wild side

Post by nkdlunch » 03 Sep 2012 03:30

Good Luck Velvetfan. Sorry to hear about the flood. At least you can turn you Velvets into cash.

What is Kostek's ebay store name?

MJG196
Born to Lose

Post by MJG196 » 03 Sep 2012 03:50

While you may be losing your VU collection - at least much of it will be going to devoted fans. If you want to start up a new collection, I'd like to suggest something that can be collected for much cheaper prices. Perhaps Maroon 5 or Train memorabilia. For $5 you could own their entire discographies. Good way to start rebuilding, bro.
Bargain bin gold, favorite bands, concerts, photos, and my record collection: All Good Music

Sunshine

Post by Sunshine » 03 Sep 2012 05:33

Velvetfan, I'm sorry too, to hear about your enormous problems and I can feel the pain in you to loose so much. I hope you have a fine family and friends to help you in these bad hours. I hope you can rebuild all that is destroid. All the best and all the energy you need in this situation.
Last edited by Sunshine on 03 Sep 2012 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

Jez
Head held high

Post by Jez » 03 Sep 2012 08:52

So sorry to hear your news mate. I hope that everything goes ok and that you get a good return on your years of devotion and collecting. I will be watching Mike's site out of interest.

Our thoughts are with you. Nature can br cruel.

Jez
You don't look like Martha and the Vandellas

Jez
Head held high

Post by Jez » 03 Sep 2012 19:14

You don't look like Martha and the Vandellas

bradski
Head held high

Post by bradski » 03 Sep 2012 20:48

Damn, I'm very sorry to hear this news. I know your records have been collected with love and diligence over many years.
I quite often tell people in the record shop I sometimes work in about "the guy in New Orleans with over 100 different and unique copies of the first VU album". That blows a few minds I tell you.
Hope you get all you want and more for your records.
I just had a look at your friend's eBay site and he's certainly one of the good guys.
Take care.
any sounds that we feel would detract from the performance has been left in place

nkdlunch
On the wild side

Post by nkdlunch » 04 Sep 2012 03:51

Thanks Jez!

>>>>>I just had a look at your friend's eBay site and he's certainly one of the good guys.

MC Kostek wrote the Velvet Underground handbook, which I used as my VU collecting bible in the early 90's. He should be the man for the job!